The Short Line is published six (6) times a year as follows:
- (#1.) MAY - JUN ISSUE
- (#2.) JUL - AUG ISSUE
- (#3.) SEP - OCT ISSUE
- (#4.) NOV - DEC ISSUE
- (#5.) JAN - FEB ISSUE
- (#6.) MAR - APR ISSUE
We are now in our 28th year of publication with the MAY - JUN 2002 ISSUE !
In each issue of The Short Line, you will find up to the minute news and current events affecting over 650 U.S. short line and industrial railroads. The standard features of our publication are:
- Good photo on cover
- Letter From The Editor/Publisher
- TSL's "Box Score" showing short line "wins" and "losses"
- TSL's Short Line Report - the publication's feature article
- TSL's News Items - "Latest Short Line News Items". This section includes, in alphabetical order, news items about short line and industrial railroads around the U.S. Accompanying the news items may be photos, maps and locomotive rosters
- TSL's "From The Steam Locomotive Archives" - published occasionally, this section features historical information about steam locomotives written by Mr. Thomas Lawson, Jr.
- Prospects - Bright & Dim
- TSL's "Very Short News Items"
Visit the other sections of The Short Line Main Menu and e-mail or send us news items about short line and industrial railroad activities in your area! All news contributors will receive credit in the TSL!